Matthew Curtis North Manly, New South Wales, Australia
Blown glass, brass studs
48 H x 19 W x 19 D cm
This piece required long hours of painstaking work, but I enjoyed the slow, quiet nature of this work, so different to the frantic pace of hot glass.
The use of brass studs, within a frame, creates a focal point: here the contrasting attributes of the materials invite you to start exploring.
All entries as Finalist
Queanbeyan, New South Wales, Australia
17/8/1964 Luton, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
- 1991, Apprenticeship, Denizen Glass Studio, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Last Solo Exhibition
- 2013, A Line of Symmetry, Sabbia Gallery, Paddington, New South Wales, Australia
Last Group Exhibition
- 2013, International Invitational, Habatat Gallery, Royal Oak, Michigan, United States
- National Gallery, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
- National Glass Collection, Wagga Wagga Art Gallery, Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia
- 2006, New Work Grant (Established Artist), Australia Council for the Arts, Australia