Kim LogueWellsford, Northland, New Zealand
Cast obsidian glass
2.5 H x 52 W x 14.5 D cm
Palingenesis, n. Reformation of a rock by refusion.
Here I define the very essence of palingenesis,
creating a modern work by casting and re-fusing the oldest form of glass - obsidian.
I pay homage to the obsidian toolmakers
who lived 13,000 years ago on the Greek
island of Milos.
Photographer: Ron Hawker
All entries as Finalist
Wellsford, Northland, New Zealand
1963 , Auckland, New Zealand
- 2012, Bachelor of Applied Arts, NorthTec, Kerikeri, Northland, New Zealand
Last Solo Exhibition
Last Group Exhibition
- 2012, Molly Morpeth Canaday 3D Sculpture Award, Exhibition Centre, Whakatane, New Zealand
- Various Private Collections
- Sir James Wallace Trust, Pah Homestead, Auckland, New Zealand
- 2011, Finalist, Objective Art Awards, Otago, New Zealand
- 2011, Finalist, Central Otago Art Awards, Southland, New Zealand
- 2011, Finalist, Ranamok Glass Prize, Australia